Senior Java developer
Master of Code Global is specializing in AI-powered conversational experiences and apps & web development. Founded in 2004, we are a US company with development centers in Ukraine (Cherkasy and Kyiv) and Canada (Winnipeg). For over 3 years, we have been working in the sphere of Conversational Applications, we also have our E-commerce product for the Shopify platform as well as develop Web & Mobile domain. We were the first in the world, who succeeded to integrate Apple Pay into Apple Business Chat.
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in the future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled – whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
Required background and skills:
- 4+ years of experience building successful production-grade software systems.
- Solid understanding of Data Structures and Algorithm Design.
- Strong programming skills in Java (1.8+) with good knowledge of multithreading and concurrent programming.
- Highly proficient in J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, and Hibernate.
- Experience with Distributed Caching (Redis), Queuing technologies (ActiveMQ, Kafka), Elastic Search, Scaling.
- Highly proficient in JUnit, Mockito.
- Expert-level knowledge in Data Modelling as well as Databases (SQL, NoSQL) like Cassandra, MySQL etc.
- Experience building REST APIs, microservice-based architectures, and debugging distributed applications.
- Experience in Kubernetes.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Scrum, CI/CD processes, and other Development tools
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- Experience working in a small team setting along with an offshore development team.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience building successful production-grade software systems.
- Experience with Data Processing frameworks like Airflow, Apache Spark, Hadoop is a plus.
- Experience with NodeJS & Python is a plus.
- You will own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as a leader and mentor for a small team of engineers in their areas of work. A commitment to teamwork, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- You will be creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requiring exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and deliver high-availability and performance.
- Utilize problem solving skills to implement creative solutions to challenging problems
- Ensure compliance with security standards.
- Design REST-based backend services.
- Debug production issues and help maintain existing code.
- Development of technical specifications and documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Work with the Bots & Automation Team in building a next-generation bot runtime platform.
What do we offer:
- Choice of the project and vector of development.
- Right communications between the team and a client.
- Comfortable office.
- Constant sharing of experience and knowledge.
- Educational sessions and meetings with interesting speakers.
- Cool events for the team.
- Winnipeg/Canada remote