Content and Communications Manager
Master of Code’s Canadian offices are located in Winnipeg, MB, and Toronto, ON. Our growing team of 18 focuses on building AI-powered chat and voice solutions. We work with tech start-ups, small and mid-size businesses, and enterprise customers to deliver conversational experiences. A partial list of our global brands includes T-Mobile, LivePerson, Aveda, and World Surf League, to name a few.
Our team is composed of technology enthusiasts who share a common passion for AI-driven technology and for delivering world-class conversational experiences. Whether it’s building incredible chat solutions, experimenting with augmented reality, Google, and Amazon voice bots, or having our work featured at past Facebook F8 Developer Conferences.
Master of Code Global is a world-class technology agency with four offices and more than 240 team members worldwide. Established in 2004, our team has moved from full-service custom software development to mobile app development and continues to be a leader in the AI industry. Our 4 global offices work closely with one another to deliver projects on a global scale for leading organizations.
Master of Code is seeking a talented Content and Communications Manager to lead, develop and execute our company-wide marketing and communications strategy. You’ll work collaboratively across the marketing team, with key internal customers to develop and implement content marketing. This role will drive awareness, interest, and excitement to our clients about our conversational AI services and products. You’ll also be engaging with media agencies and publications to help share our successes and offerings with the world.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the design and development of customer-facing digital content, from ideation to creation to supporting promotion through dedicated channels and campaigns, including social media properties and owned media.
- Develop and manage the content marketing strategy and plans, including coordinating with internal stakeholders
- Engage with external media corporations and agencies. Cultivate, oversee and expand relationships with customer-facing media, and Conversational AI opinion leaders to achieve brand profiling and desired positioning
- Prepare media plans and draft announcements and press releases to achieve desired brand positioning
- Write copy, edit submissions and publish content for media properties, ensuring all content is consistent with brand guidelines and standards
- Ensure accuracy with digital communications, regular content and news updates. Utilize the website, social media, external media as a key communication tool to support content marketing
- Record and analyze data to track progress against key metrics and prepare regular reports to share with key stakeholders
- Manage the content marketing and communications budget to deliver business KPIs with effective ROI, according to company principles
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are goal oriented and love taking on projects and making them your own
- 3+ years of relevant experience of developing content in a B2B environment
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in creative communications, marketing, journalism, English/Linguistics or relevant field
- Experience in creating, managing, and launching customer-facing digital content and campaigns in a communications or PR role in IT, tech or agency setting
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different content types and styles
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across departments
- Superior storytelling, written, and oral communication skills, and exceptional editing skills
- Experience working with agencies, graphic designers, and other creative support team members
- Skilled in engaging journalists, bloggers and opinion leaders in co-creation of stories with solid experience of creative storytelling, developing, pitching and securing stories
- Proven tech writing experience
Added Bonus Education or Experience:
- Experience in creating technology-focused content
- Familiarity with conversational AI and machine learning
Why we work at Master of Code:
We’re passionate about building conversational experiences using the latest technologies (often in beta) from tech leaders including Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook and others. Everyday we get to work with the latest in Artificial Intelligence, most notably machine learning and natural language processing. We work side by side with our customers exploring some of the most innovative chat and voice bot use cases, features, and integrations in the industry. We’ve become thought leaders at the center of the AI revolution.
The opportunity to build something special in Winnipeg excites us. As ‘builders’ we are comfortable with ambiguity and motivated by the challenge to rapidly grow the office. We are easily bored with the status quo and are constantly looking for ways to innovate.
If you are interested in joining Master of Code, please attach your cover letter with a resume and any URLs or documents showcasing previous relevant work. This can include articles, blog posts, communication campaigns, slide decks or copywriting samples. If you have a point of view on storytelling about AI-powered solutions, feel free to share with the team!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.