Solution Delivery Manager
Master of Code is looking to grow our North American presence by adding a Solution Delivery Manager to the team. This is a client-facing opportunity, allowing the candidate to work alongside one of our fully remote partners as well as their customers including AAA brands.
This role will focus on delivering conversational solutions for our enterprise-level customers, utilizing AI and conversation automation (chatbot) activities at its core, but also working with stakeholders to identify, suggest, and drive the adoption of new and innovative tools that drive the individual solution’s objectives and increase their value. This opportunity will also require the Solution Delivery Manager to work with and oversee the delivery team directly, ensuring that the necessary solution is understood and gets delivered to partner and customer expectations. This individual will straddle that fine line between business need and technology/solution delivery, allowing the individual to have involvement and feedback on both the vision and the solution.
- Provide expert-level business consultancy during the various phases of the delivery cycle of partner projects.
- Develop relationships by taking time to understand and align on our partner’s goals.
- Challenge organizational processes that do not contribute to value delivery, and illustrate better process alternatives.
- Align with Sales/Account managers on client goals & budget (project success/fail criteria).
- Ensure each development team understands the overall objectives and timelines, and how their deliverables impact the overall program
- Oversee development teams and coordinate delivery from the managerial point of view together with Project Managers and Tech Leads.
- Work collaboratively and globally with cross-functional peers and senior leaders/stakeholders on program issues as well as driving risk mitigation plans.
- Interact with internal, external, and executive stakeholders often requiring judgment and organizational sensitivity (eg. participate in partner-level strategic meetings).
- Drive continuous improvement and evolution of processes, methodologies, and tools used within the dedicated team that is focused on achieving the highest design, coding, testing, security, and quality standards.
- Promote, encourage and support agile development practices in delivering solutions within coordinated sprints.
- Participate and lead the delivery team in estimation activities for upcoming sprints.
- Participate and lead the solution team in backlog review, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Work directly with stakeholders (partners and enterprise clients) to better understand challenges and opportunities for the team; to provide updates on sprint activities; to operate as a bridge between stakeholders and the solution team.
- Work with business stakeholders to define solution KPIs, add both functional and non-functional requirements to the backlog, and build out the solution roadmap.
- Own the delivery timelines, budget, staffing, roadmap, and prioritization of requirements in collaboration with partner stakeholders and their client counterparts.
Required background and skills:
- Proven managerial experience as a key resource leading the development and delivery of enterprise-level solutions.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise IT stacks and processes.
- Solid experience working with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban).
- Ability to quickly learn and understand a multi-product enterprise architecture solution set and understand how to build solutions that leverage the tools that currently exist.
- Able to identify, understand and communicate requirements within a cross-functional team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both business and technical presentations and audiences.
- Comfortable presenting to and persuading C-level executives as well as enterprise customer stakeholders.
- Ability to translate technical questions to business stakeholders for understanding, as well as to take the business requirements and ensure that the appropriate technical activities are understood.
Preferred/Nice to have skills:
- Development and/or consultancy experience with enterprise-level SaaS software solutions.
- Experience with delivering solutions and experiences built on top of partner or other enterprise platforms and contact center solutions such as LivePerson, AWS Connect, and ZenDesk.
This candidate will report to the manager of a Solution Delivery team at our partner site. This role will also report to internal Master of Code leadership and collaborate closely with other team members within Master of Code on both the leadership and delivery side.
- Winnipeg/Canada remote