Senior Python Developer
Who We Are:
Master of Code Global is a world-class software development agency with offices in Ukraine, Canada, and the United States, with more than 200 team members globally. Established in 2004, our team focuses on delivery award-winnipeg, world-class Conversational Solutions and Chatbot solutions, business automation solutions, as well as performing custom development services utilizing a number of technologies and platforms. Our Canadian office opened its doors in 2016 and continues to grow, more than doubling our size in 2020.
Master of Code works with leading brands such as LivePerson, T-Mobile, Aveda, and the Golden State Warriors to bring conversational solutions to life. We embrace new technologies and practices, new challenges, and addressing new AI-driven solutions as a way in which we better ourselves, which in turn betters our clients and partners.
About The Role:
Master of Code Global provides services to partners worldwide or varying business sizes. As our partners take on new opportunities and new challenges, they turn to Master of Code to help them achieve their successes. As part of this ever-expanding partnership, we now have a need to expand our Canadian team to include a combination role of Python Developer/DevOps Engineer.
This role will have you working to build, support, and maintain world-class Conversational AI Chatbot solutions and technologies. The combined role offers you the ability to work on developing the conversational solution, testing it, deploying it, supporting it, updating it, and identifying new opportunities to grow the solution. But you won’t be doing it alone – you’ll be working as part of a team, partly made up of other team members within Master of Code, but also with our client and their other partners to create a conversational solution set everyone can be proud to put their name to.
We want people who can communicate well and are comfortable working with distributed cross-functional teams. We want people who can lead the charge and take ownership of their activities, people who like to solve challenging problems, and who want to create an exceptional customer experience with the solutions they deliver.
What We Offer:
Master of Code cares about its team and continues to offer expanded benefits and services to our Canadian members.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Generous vacation day allotment
- Additional Paid Time Off days
- Group RSP plan
- Opportunity to learn alongside colleagues and through external conferences and services
- Ability to learn and experience new AI-focused technologies in an R&D capacity
- A work culture that focuses on trust, openness, and value, for our team, our clients, and ourselves
What You Bring and Will Do:
- 3+ years of developing and supporting Python applications, preferably in the enterprise space
- Experience with database systems, both SQL and No-SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience deploying and maintaining solutions on at least one cloud platform (preferably AWS)
- Experience in building and supporting chatbots
- Knowledge of NLU systems (Rasa, Dialogflow, MS LUIS, etc.) is nice to have
- Experience or knowledge of various cognitive services within the NLU systems is nice to have
- Experience in developing and supporting containerized solutions is an asset (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving reported issues in the solution
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to learn new technologies and take on new challenges
With those skills, you will:
- Participate in the architecture, design, implementation, and support of conversational solutions
- Develop chatbot solutions of varying size and complexity
- Integrate with numerous external systems to build out a comprehensive solution
- Expand the capabilities and train the use of the NLU system
- Extend the solutions to take advantage of other cognitive services made available by the NLU
- Maintain and support the solution in the AWS cloud
- Monitor and respond to tickets alongside the rest of the team
- Address concerns raised by the client or their customers
- Work with the entire team to deliver a quality solution