Junior Developer/Support Engineer
Master of Code is rapidly expanding as enterprises shift their focus and investment in AI-powered solutions. Master of Code Canada is seeking a Junior Developer/Support Engineer to join our growing development team in Winnipeg (office, onsite).
About Master of Code Canada
Master of Code Global is a world-class software development agency with four offices and more than 200 team members worldwide. Established in 2004, our team provides full-service custom software development with a strong focus on conversational experiences, chatbots, and other automation activities.
Master of Code Canada, our Canadian office, is located in Winnipeg, MB and opened its doors in 2016. Our team of 6 local Masters focuses on building AI-powered chat and voice solutions. We work with tech start-ups, small and midsize businesses, and enterprise customers to deliver conversational experiences. A partial list of our global brands includes Golden State Warriors, LivePerson, Aveda, and the World Surf League.
Our team is comprised of technology enthusiasts who share a common passion for AI-driven technology and for delivering world-class conversational experiences. Whether it’s experimenting with Augmented Reality, Amazon Lex voice bots or having our work featured at Facebook’s F8 Developer Conference in 2017 and 2018, we have a passion to explore new avenues of the conversational space.
In this role you will be required to:
Interact with customers who are using Master of Code’s software as front-line support, giving you visibility to a breadth of projects we provide
- Diagnose and triage customer issues
- Troubleshoot issues based on provided playbooks and processes
- Perform service procedures for the custom software
- Escalate to additional support or development teams (as needed)
- Work with an extended team to automate service tasks
- Work with an extended team to support existing automation activities
- Monitor servers/clusters state based on dashboards and alerts
- Perform local network administration duties as required
- Additional activities as required to support our customers and our business
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A strong understanding and experience with the Linux OS as either an administrator or power user
- Experience and a desire to assist with application troubleshooting to resolve customer issues
- An ability to perform log analysis to triage and determine underlying issues
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- An interest in conversational experiences such as bots for systems like Facebook Messenger and Slack as well as voice systems like Alexa and Google Assistant
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment with tight (but reasonable) timelines
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a strong curiosity to learn new technologies and adapt to the ever-growing landscape of conversational tools
Additionally, Master of Code Canada would appreciate candidates who also possess:
Experience in Java
- Experience in software project support
- Experience working and administering various cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with DevOps patterns and practices
This role will provide the ideal candidate the opportunity to advance into either the Development or DevOps stream of the organization.