Master of Code’s Canadian offices are located in Winnipeg, MB, and Toronto, ON. Our growing team of 18 focuses on building AI-powered chat and voice solutions. We work with tech start-ups, small and mid-size businesses, and enterprise customers to deliver conversational experiences. A partial list of our global brands includes T-Mobile, LivePerson, Aveda, and World Surf League, to name a few.
Our team is composed of technology enthusiasts who share a common passion for AI-driven technology and for delivering world-class conversational experiences. Whether it’s building incredible chat solutions, experimenting with Augmented Reality, Google, and Amazon voice bots, or having our work featured at Facebook’s F8 Developer Conference in 2017 and 2018.
Master of Code Global is a world-class technology agency with four offices and more than 240 team members worldwide. Established in 2004, our team has moved from full-service custom software development to mobile app development and continues to be a leader in the AI industry. Our 4 global offices work closely with one another to deliver projects on a global scale for leading organizations.
Master of Code is rapidly expanding as enterprises shift their focus and investment in AI-powered solutions. Master of Code Canada is seeking a talented Conversation Designer to conceptualize, illustrate and deliver user-centric and conversational experiences.
You will be expected to drive these conversational experiences from concepts and flow charts to product launch with attention to detail through elegant and consumer-focused designs. A positive and collaborative attitude is required, and we’re looking for a self-motivated problem solver with impeccable communication and presentation skills.
We understand this is an emerging role in the industry which is why we will consider candidates who may not have direct conversational AI experience but have the baseline skills we can use to further train and support internally.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding project scope, requirements, and use cases of conversational projects.
- Learning and actioning our proprietary conversation design process for projects, determining which steps are best applicable for the client based on industry, use cases and scope.
- With the Project Manager, conducting discovery sessions to understand the project, key deliverables and success indicators.
- Conducting research to prioritize and validate use cases.
- Developing user and bot personas for conversational experiences.
- Designing user journey flows and develop conversational dialogue for chat and voice solutions. Channels include but are not limited to: web chat, Messenger, WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat, Google Business Messages, SMS, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Conducting user testing and work with our Bot Tuners to drive containment and optimize flows.
- Running on-site Conversation Design workshops at client offices or virtually
- Speaking authoritatively on concepts and best practices of conversation design to clients and internal project teams
- Communicating with the Project Manager for the project
- Reporting to the Director of Conversation Design
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of user experience design or interaction design
- 3+ years experience of copywriting for human-computer interfaces or digital channels
- Experience designing chat and/or multimodal applications is considered an asset
- Experience in persona development and writing.
- Ability to work across multiple projects, deal with multiple stakeholders, and think strategically while also being detail-oriented when it comes to reviewing design work and providing feedback and guidance.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work across teams from QA, and Project Managers
- You are interested in conversational experiences such as Facebook Messenger bots, WhatsApp bots, Slack bots, Alexa bots, Telegram bots, Google Assistant, etc.
- Proven ability to explain complex issues in clear, non-technical language; you should be comfortable dealing with internal team members and external customers.
- You’re biased towards action and enjoy the adrenaline rush of delivering great work under tight timelines
- You embrace an entrepreneurial spirit; self-starter who is intrinsically curious
- You enjoy working with a team of passionate people and can add both energy and positivity to the culture
Added Bonus Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience is considered an asset but not required. Experience of designing and delivering at least 1 conversational or AI product
- Knowledge and experience with natural language understanding platforms
- Portfolio featuring examples of conversational experiences
- Experience crafting demos that showcase the potential of conversational experiences
Why we work at Master of Code:
We’re passionate about building conversational experiences using the latest technologies (often in beta) from tech leaders including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others. Everyday we get to work with the latest in Artificial Intelligence, most notably machine learning and natural language processing. We work side by side with our customers exploring some of the most innovative chatbot use cases, features, and integrations in the industry. For instance, how can we supercharge a Fortune 500’s support team by leveraging the newly released WhatsApp Business API? We’ve become thought leaders at the center of the AI revolution.
The opportunity to build something special in Winnipeg excites us. As ‘builders’ we are comfortable with ambiguity and motivated by the challenge to rapidly grow the office. We are easily bored with the status quo and are constantly looking for ways to innovate.
While we have the support of a global company, the Winnipeg office operates like a bootstrapped startup. There’s never a dull moment, from hackathons to adrenaline-filled customer deadlines or pitching Augmented Reality solutions using closed beta products from Facebook. Do you miss the fast-paced startup culture? Obsessed with HBO’s Silicon Valley?
If you are interested in joining Master of Code, please attach your cover letter with a resume and any URLs or documents showcasing previous relevant work. This can include user journey maps, UX flows, or copywriting samples. If you have a point of view on AI-powered solutions, feel free to share with the team!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Winnipeg/Canada remote