Senior Technical Lead
Master of Code will be launching their Seattle, WA office in Q4 of 2019. The Seattle team will be focused on designing, building, and managing AI-powered chat and voice solutions. Master of Code works with tech start-ups, small and midsize businesses, and enterprise customers to deliver conversational experiences. A partial list of our global brands includes T-Mobile, Golden State Warriors, LivePerson, Aveda, and the World Surf League.
Our team is comprised of technology enthusiasts who share a common passion for AI-driven technology and for delivering world-class conversational experiences. Whether it’s experimenting with Augmented Reality, Amazon Lex voice bots or having our work featured at recent Facebook F8 Developer Conferences.
Master of Code Global is a world-class software development agency with four offices and more than 220 team members worldwide. Established in 2004, our team provides full-service custom software development. The US office works closely with Master of Code Global to deliver projects on a global scale for leading organizations.
Master of Code is rapidly expanding as enterprises shift their focus and investment in AI-powered solutions. Master of Code is seeking a Senior Technical Lead to help manage and grow our development team in Seattle. The development team consists of developers, project managers, and quality assurance engineers. The Senior Technical Lead will have the opportunity to work directly with the founder and CEO to scale the business.
A proven track record of building great products and managing high performing teams; experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- Comfortable with complex backend development and architecture, API development, cloud, and serverless backend development; Node.JS, Serverless (AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions), Go, Ruby, Python (Flask), Swagger, etc.
- Proven ability to explain complex issues in clear, non-technical language; you should be comfortable dealing with internal team members and external customers (C-suite)
- 5+ years of meaningful experience in full-stack development
Ability to travel across North America (for instance, meeting with our customers in New York and San Francisco)
- Located in Seattle, Washington
Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team. You will be responsible for setting the strategy and developing the 2019 roadmap.
- Growth: In a customer-facing role, you will guide all technical considerations throughout each phase of the sales process. You’ll have an opportunity to travel to many of our largest customers to build relationships and provide on-site support.
- Project Delivery: Lead our conversational applications development across chat and voice solutions. Be comfortable using conversational technologies and tools such as Facebook APIs, Google Dialogflow, MS Bot Framework, MS LUIS, Amazon Alexa SDK, Amazon Lex, and Azure Cognitive Services.
- DevOps: You will leverage your broad knowledge base to advise on DevOps practices including continuous integration, build, deployment, monitoring, automation tools, source control, cloud, monitoring, etc. You are comfortable using Docker and Kubernetes and tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Governance: You will establish and implement technology standards and best practices. You will be responsible for ensuring adherence across all aspects of our approach to software development.
What do we offer?
We’re passionate about building conversational experiences using the latest technologies (often in beta) from tech leaders including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft and others. Every day we get to work with the latest in Artificial Intelligence, most notably machine learning and natural language processing. We work side by side with our customers exploring some of the most innovative chatbot use cases, features, and integrations in the industry. For instance, how can we supercharge a Fortune 500’s support team by leveraging the newly released WhatsApp Business API? We’ve become thought leaders at the center of the AI revolution.
The opportunity to build something special in Seattle excites us. As ‘builders’ we are comfortable with ambiguity and motivated by the challenge to rapidly grow the office. We are easily bored with the status quo and are constantly looking for ways to innovate.
While we have the support of a global company, the Seattle office operates like a bootstrapped startup. There’s never a dull moment, from hackathons to adrenaline-filled customer deadlines or pitching Augmented Reality solutions using closed beta products from Facebook. Do you miss the fast-paced startup culture? Obsessed with HBO’s Silicon Valley?
If you are interested in joining Master of Code, please submit your resume. If you have a point of view on AI-powered solutions, feel free to share with the team! We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.