Conversational Designer (AI Bots)
Master of Code will be launching their Seattle, WA office in Q4 of 2019. The Seattle team will be focused on designing, building, and managing AI-powered chat and voice solutions. Master of Code works with tech start-ups, small and midsize businesses, and enterprise customers to deliver conversational experiences. A partial list of our global brands includes T-Mobile, Golden State Warriors, LivePerson, Aveda, and the World Surf League.
Our team is comprised of technology enthusiasts who share a common passion for AI-driven technology and for delivering world-class conversational experiences. Whether it’s experimenting with Augmented Reality, Amazon Lex voice bots or having our work featured at recent Facebook F8 Developer Conferences.
Master of Code Global is a world-class software development agency with four offices and more than 220 team members worldwide. Established in 2004, our team provides full-service custom software development. The US office works closely with Master of Code Global to deliver projects on a global scale for leading organizations.
3-5+ years of content strategy, UX design, copywriting, and/or conversational design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, UX or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing speech-enabled interaction flows across a variety of usability contexts and device types.
- Experience with major bot platforms such as IBM Watson Conversation Services, Google Dialogflow, Microsoft LUIS, IPSoft Amelia, Nuance NINA, Oracle Intelligent Bots, etc.
- Experience in persona designing/writing
- Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation, e.g. Cooperative Principle, turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody.
- Experience with qualitative usability testing.
You’re biased towards action and enjoy the adrenaline rush of delivering great work under tight timelines
- You enjoy working with a team of passionate people and can add both energy and positivity to the culture
- Located in Seattle, Washington
Master of Code is rapidly expanding as enterprises shift their focus and investment in AI-powered solutions. Master of Code is seeking a Conversational Designer to join our growing development team in Seattle. As a Conversational Designer, you will be leveraging your skills in language, communication, and design to architect world-class conversational experiences for our clients. Specifically, you will take ownership of the user experience and copywriting of conversational
For example, a global luxury retailer is interested in exploring new digital channels to increase customer engagement and has partnered with Master of Code to develop a Facebook Messenger chatbot. You’ll be responsible for:
- Assess use cases – including the the intents that define the conversation interaction, along with the associated utterances, entities, conditional logic and flow control patterns.
- Create bot personas, customer journeys, workflows, storyboards, & process flows that communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Create detailed, comprehensive design specifications in collaboration with project managers, business analysts, and developers.
- Draft and edit conversational copy and finalize with project stakeholders
- Assist in implementing these designs, interacting with stakeholders, and performing usability tests.
- Analyze performance of conversational interfaces with regard to performance metrics and user experience, and recommend specific changes to increase value towards stated business objectives
- Review transcripts within bot platforms to refine and tune bot responses when the bot fails and when it provides incorrect responses
- Know how to identify trends within conversations, make and defend suggestions
- Contribute to and evangelize conversation design best practices and guidelines
What do we offer?
We’re passionate about building conversational experiences using the latest technologies (often in beta) from tech leaders including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others. Everyday we get to work with the latest in Artificial Intelligence, most notably machine learning and natural language processing. We work side by side with our customers exploring some of the most innovative chatbot use cases, features, and integrations in the industry. For instance, how can we supercharge a Fortune 500’s support team by leveraging the newly released WhatsApp Business API? We’ve become thought leaders at the center of the AI revolution.
The opportunity to build something special in Seattle excites us. As ‘builders’ we are comfortable with ambiguity and motivated by the challenge to rapidly grow the office. We are easily bored with the status quo and are constantly looking for ways to innovate.
While we have the support of a global company, the Seattle office operates like a bootstrapped startup. There’s never a dull moment, from hackathons to adrenaline-filled customer deadlines or pitching Augmented Reality solutions using closed beta products from Facebook. Do you miss the fast-paced startup culture? Obsessed with HBO’s Silicon Valley?
If you are interested in joining Master of Code, please submit your resume. If you have a point of view on AI-powered solutions, feel free to share with the team! We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.