We’re looking for a Database Engineer to join our Managed Engineering team. The role includes communication with multiple business units within the enterprise infrastructure to detect their business needs, prepare the solutions and implement them. As a Database Engineer, you’ll be joining the team that is responsible for collecting the business and operational metrics from multiple company datasets across different products and databases.
- You will provide full data solutions from ETL development, through to the final report, working from stakeholders from different departments with different needs.
- You will help stakeholders better understand their business priorities, by providing accurate, data-driven reports and sheets in a professional and timely manner.
- You will strongly collaborate with stakeholders and become their focal point and advisor for everything data.
- You will educate your lead in SQL capabilities.
Required background and skills:
- Experience in Power BI and development.
- Experience in Python Data Engineering/BI Development
- Experience in improving performance on existing scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Experience in analyzing, identifying, and recommending ways to improve the quality of data.
- Experience in troubleshooting ETL processes.
- Experience in writing SQL’s.
- Strong team player, quick thinker, quick starter,service-oriented, curious
- Educational background in computer science, information management, engineering, and related fields encouraged.
- Ability to develop solutions across multiple databases including SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica, and MySQL encouraged.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and writing communication skills with IT and business audiences.
- Ability to develop/present information during client meetings and develop presentations.
Preferred/Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Impala/Hadoop queries
- Experience with developing ETLs using APIs
- Python development experience
- Kyiv/Ukraine remote
Have got some time left?)
You could devote it to your favorite activity or read about us on our social networks.